Tuesday 1 April 2014

Stumbling past the finish line. (Yeah I said it)

I am here! I am here, at the end, with my twenty-third thing. It's very exciting. I wish I was more prepared with clever words and gifs and all that. But it's 8:30pm and I want to leave at 9:00 when the library closes and so I should be brief.

I signed up for StumbleUpon, it's a neat idea! I am a fairly regular trawler of the internet and so I do come across a number of weird and wonderful things on a regular basis, but the nature of the internet is that there is just so much there and much of it is very hard to find. StumbleUpon is easy to use, and I found some neat websites. A virtual reality Sistine Chapel, Russian kaleidoscopic website that doesn't seem to do anything other than hypnotise me with colours and patterns, and even drinkify.org, a website that takes the music you're listening to and turns it into a drink that you can enjoy along with the music. It might be best to take the notion of "drinkification" more as a novelty; I typed in David Bowie and the response was an entire box of wine.

So I won't celebrate the end of 23 Things with an entire box of wine, but I did enjoy myself. The tasks were fun, a lot of these things I was familiar with, but some of them I was not. No doubt even more new things will come along in the years to come, and some of the things we learned about will fade away, but that's just the nature of the internet. I made it to the end, and not as terribly late as I could have been! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I like me some puns. And also some StumbleUpon. I hope you can use it to find even more strange and interesting things. Don't forget to print off your certificate from the blog!

    ReplyDelete